Monday, April 7, 2014

I don't want to follow Death and all of his friends.

I wrote a blog yesterday, but it wouldn't publish.  So I will try my best to recap.

It has been a crazy/difficult weekend.  TC went back to work Thursday after spending a really great two days home with me.  I took off of work one of those days because this month is one of those months where between overtime and each of us traveling to different places, we wouldn't have much time together.  We had a great day of golf, grocery shopping, getting lots done around the house, and cooking/eating a delicious dinner.

Friday night I got a phone call from his best friend's fiancée.  His father passed away.  There were really awful circumstances surrounding it.  It was exactly three weeks to their wedding day.  Since TC was on the river and sleeping at that moment, it was my job to call the wheelhouse and ask Captain E to have someone wake him up and call me so I could tell him.  It isn't easy telling your husband that a man who had been a second father to him for a majority of his life had left us.  He and his best friend are closer than brothers.  I've said on a number of occasions that I know I rank second to him and it's fine with me because he is such a good, responsible, caring person and would never lead him in the wrong direction.  So TC docked the boat and came home yesterday because it just couldn't be put off any longer.  We spent last night with he and his fiancée (who has become a close friend of mine) just talking quietly together and separately.  Today TC is with him and his mother doing some of the difficult things that come along with all of this.

I could not be more thankful and proud of the man that he is.  Mr. Pat helped mold that man, and I know that I have to send some of those thanks to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment