Thursday, March 20, 2014

All things are gonna happen naturally.

I'm quite an excited girl right now.

As many of you don't know yet (because I didn't want to jinx anything--I AM NOT PREGNANT), I have recently applied to a teacher practitioner program with the Louisiana Resource Center for Educators.  It's a program that would involve, providing I am accepted, a seven-week, full time course over the summer to prepare me to become a teacher.  After that, I would start teaching full time.  Meaning?  In the Fall, boom, I'm a teacher.  This is a bit terrifying, but even more so exhilarating.

When I first thought of even looking into something like this, I did the research and also asked some of the people I interact with daily what they would think of me becoming a teacher.  The general consensus was, "Well, yeah.  Isn't that what you were planning to do anyway?"  And you know what?  It was!  When I finally decided to pursue my bachelors degree for the final time, that WAS my plan.  Get a degree in whatever I could get a degree in quickest and look for a program which would allow me to become a teacher.  But, you know, life happened, and I forgot all about it.  Once I actually decided that I would apply to this program, it was a situation something like, "Oh yes, we'll accept your application--for the next five days.  Have we mentioned you also have to take Praxis II?"  So it was a bit of a hurried decision.  But the kicker was that I didn't once feel stressed out or rushed.  I made all the calls to have past test scores and school records sent to the center and scheduled my test in a matter of minutes.  (I took it this past Saturday morning.  I got a 174.  150 is passing.  Can someone teach me about American government?  I seem to be lacking in the knowledge department there.)

Teaching seems to me like something natural, something I could just fall into.  When I think about lesson plans and grading and such, however, I get a little panicky.  I have to keep reminding myself that I have not yet been educated about these things and that I will be educated about these things if I am accepted into the program.

Today I got an email from LRCE telling me that they wanted to have an in-person interview with me.  So come Monday morning, this is all going to become a little more real.  I wanted to finally let the cat out of the bag so that you guys can pray for me!  I need God's Will to be done so badly.  I don't know all of His inner workings, but I do feel so strongly that I am not where He wants me to be right now.

2 comments:

  1. What! It sounds like something you should totally do! And I'll be praying for you, too!

    ReplyDelete